From Broadcast magazine:
Fans of Sherlock will given the chance to help the detective solve a series of cases via a mobile game due to launch after the BBC1 series has aired.
Sherlock: The Network has been developed by digital production company The Project Factory in association with show producers Hartswood Films.
The £2.99 iOS game pits players as one of Sherlock’s trusted lieutenants and tasks them with solving 10 individual cases which are underpinned with one overarching mystery.
In each case players must travel around a map of London by tube, black cab and on-foot, interviewing witnesses and suspects, negotiating mini-games and collecting clues to solve the crime.
The game features around 20 minutes of original video footage of Sherlock stars Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman, with input from writer Mark Gatiss and producer Sue Vertue.
Along with the video messages, clues will also be sent to players via SMS and voicemail as The Project Factory aimed to develop an “interactive experience” which tapped in to the capabilities of the device.
The Project Factory creative director Rob Barnes said the game was being launched further to the conclusion of the series to tap into the surrounding buzz.
“People are spending increasing amounts of time online and once a series has finished it is important to keep feeding fans additional content,” he said. “The bigger dramas are starting to realise it’s important to give audiences different experiences across different platforms.”
The Project Factory manages the social media activity for ITV drama Downton Abbey and has previously launched an immersive mobile game to support the Netherland’s biggest soap Good Times Bad Times.
- fidanza-eu likes this
- coatandscarf likes this
- official-sherlock-holmes reblogged this from the-science-of-destruction
- callmecatherine reblogged this from cumberbum
- callmecatherine likes this
- beneclick-tumblinbatch likes this
- raisingmorphinetoasts reblogged this from cumberbatchweb
- raisingmorphinetoasts likes this
- spontaneousskye reblogged this from cumberbum
- idontevenknowwhatiamdoing likes this
- reinventthesea likes this
- minimonkeyminions reblogged this from milverton
- only-strangers-allowed reblogged this from milverton
- savingstark likes this
- thenitdisappears likes this
- vanthas likes this
- milverton reblogged this from finalproblem
- celia1721 reblogged this from cumberbatchweb and added:
- perc-hay likes this
- hiddlessex reblogged this from cumberbum
- iwillenglishyou reblogged this from itsacumberbatchproblem
- iwillenglishyou likes this
- freelancertheta likes this
- sir-arthur-conan-doyle-has-moved likes this
- escapingissometimestheanswer reblogged this from itsacumberbatchproblem
- itsacumberbatchproblem reblogged this from dudeufugly
- fandemoniuminthestreets reblogged this from cumberbatchs-babes
- narynn likes this
- deaflock likes this
- freakinfreeman reblogged this from lena-imzadi
- freya-not-freyja reblogged this from batchedarchive
- orangespideryellowleaf reblogged this from cumberbatchforum
- orangespideryellowleaf likes this
- parchedvisions reblogged this from 221badwolfavenger
- mirainikki221bioshock reblogged this from seasonsofjohnlock
- sunshinedaydreamdododo likes this
- consultingonthesideoftheangels reblogged this from seasonsofjohnlock
- consultingonthesideoftheangels likes this
- gryffindor-inthetardis likes this
- lena-imzadi reblogged this from seasonsofjohnlock
- lena-imzadi likes this
- trenchcoatsandbees likes this
- starlordxquill reblogged this from seasonsofjohnlock
- 221badwolfavenger reblogged this from seasonsofjohnlock
- the-jerk-to-my-bitch reblogged this from seasonsofjohnlock
- the-jerk-to-my-bitch likes this
- iamkingmoriarty reblogged this from seasonsofjohnlock
- sienceofthecumberbatch likes this
- citreum likes this